10 Tips to Prevent Holiday Stress
Updated: Jan 23, 2019
Posted by North Jersey Massage Maywood, NJ
The holiday season can be very demanding, stressful and exhausting with parties, shopping, cooking, entertaining to just name a few.
10 recommended ways to prevent holiday stress and depression:
1. Acknowledge your feelings: It's okay to have emotions and express your feelings. If you feel sad or grief it's okay to cry.
2. Reach out: Connect with community, religious and social events. Find a place to volunteer, it's a great way to broaden your friendships and lift your spirits.
3. Be realistic: As years pass situations change. Families, traditions, rituals may change. Be open to new ideas.
4. Plan ahead: Plan on days for shopping. Make your list. Plan your menu ahead of time and have your grocery shopping list ready to prevent last minute forgotten ingredients. Start cooking a few days in advance and freeze what you can.
5. Learn to say no: If someone is asking for something you can't do, politely decline. Saying yes when you should say no can leave you feeling resentful and overwhelmed.
6. Remember healthy habits:
- Don't neglect your diet on the holiday. It's okay to have dessert but don't overindulge.
- Get enough sleep.
- Incorporate exercise into your day.
7. Limit your alcohol intake: If your feeling down alcohol will intensify your emotions.
8. Take a breather: Spend some time alone to relax or meditate. Listen to calm music, go for a walk or read a book.
9. Take care of you: Get a massage to relax and reduce stress.
10. Seek professional help if needed: If all your efforts are not working and you are unable to accomplish your chores you may want to seek professional help.
At North Jersey Massage Maywood, NJ we are here to help you feel good and be stress free. For additional information or to purchase a gift certificate for yourself or someone special call 201-406-8220. www.northjerseymassage.net